What is a Social Media Manager, and do you need one?
A social media manager is responsible for developing and growing the image of a brand and the products or services it has on social media platforms. It’s a wide and varied role, but here are just a few of the tasks a social media manager’s role can include:
- Creating posts and videos for social media platforms
- Planning, strategising and goal setting in relation to a brand’s social media presence
- Developing a social media content calendar
- Developing the image a brand wants to present to its audience
- Helping transform a brand’s image
- Increasing a business’ sales and ROI (return on investment)
- Helping to manage a brand’s reputation, including damage control
- Providing and analysing social media reports
To perform these tasks successfully, they’ll need to have the right skills, knowledge, and experience – all of which we have here at Spigot Digital! Get in touch today to learn how we can help with your business’ social media needs.
Skills Every Social Media Manager Needs to Have
A social media manager undertakes many tasks to present their client positively online. In a single day, this can mean they they are a copywriter, an analyst, a designer or a strategist. Because of this, they need a wide skill base including:
- Strong communication – not only do they need to communicate clearly with you, they also need to do so with your audience.
- Great writing – be able to create attention grabbing and interesting written content. They’ll know how many characters each platform allows in a post and how to adapt their writing for different platforms.
- Creative – they’ll be highly creative, have good initiative and be able to analyse every aspect of a post, including links, hashtags, images and the text format.
- Well organised – they will be able to manage time well, get the best online presence possible within your budget and be able to execute their planning on time.
- Highly analytical – by collecting and then analysing data, a social media manager will understand what has happened and is happening within your platforms. They can use this to adjust their content and report back to you on how they are meeting your goals.
If you’re struggling with your own social media, or just don’t have the time, hiring a social media manager can provide you and your business many benefits. This can include taking away that overwhelming feeling, giving you back additional time to work on your own business, and helping you connect better with your customers. Most of all, a great social media presence can significantly grow interest of your business, build customer loyalty and increase your sales.
How we can help you
We would love to help you achieve all these things and more! Get in touch and let’s make a time to chat about how we can help you with your business’ social media presence.