Are you using Instagram to promote your business? Having Instagram as part of your marketing strategy can significantly help to grow your online presence. This in turn leads to more people knowing about your business, visiting your website, and purchasing your products or services.
Instagram is used by businesses to:
- Reach new audiences
- Generate website traffic
- Connect and develop relationships with your customers
- Discover what your target audience likes
- Promote your other marketing platforms
- Increase brand awareness
- Showcase your business’ values, culture and awards
While using Instagram for business purposes may seem daunting, once you’ve understood the basic principles sorted, it can enhance your business presence.
Getting Started Using Instagram to Promote Your Business
Social media platforms are incredibly popular forms of entertainment, as well as sources of news, education and things to buy. Instagram is unique in that it focuses predominately on photographs, with over 95 million shared daily worldwide. Most Instagram users are under 35 years old, but as people age, they tend to continue to use this platform, so don’t discount it if your target audience is older than 35 years.
To get started on making Instagram part of your marketing strategy, you’ll need to:
- Set up a business account and optimise your profile – just like when using Facebook, your profile is a way of introducing your business and providing that all important positive first impression. Your profile is the only place where you can provide a clickable link, so choose one you feel would be most beneficial to your audience.
- Decide on your visual branding aesthetic – Instagram is all about images and videos. However, you particularly need to pay attention to the colours and subjects within these. Aim for a consistent look using colours and fonts within your brand. Photo subjects can vary as long as they are related to your business.
- Create a social media content calendar – this will give you a guide to posting frequency as well as the types of posts you will need to create and share. At Spigot Digital, this is one of the many services we can help you with, along with total management of your business’ social media accounts.
- Research hashtags – hashtags are used to help categorise content within Instagram. People use hashtags to help find topics, events and businesses and they can generate additional traffic to your posts. Aim for hashtags which are relevant to your posts, will attract people from your target audience, are popular and regularly searched for.
Do you need help in setting up and running an Instagram profile for your business? I’d love to be able to help you. Get in touch today and let’s map out a way for your business to thrive digitally.