Here is your ultimate guide to understanding how social media content calendars work, what they contain, and the many benefits of having one.
Running a business is time-consuming, making it important to use all the available tools you can to make life easier. One of these valuable tools is to have a social media content calendar. Designed to help you plan, organise and schedule your social media posts, it helps you keep your business in front of those who matter – your customers or clients.
What is a Social Media Content Calendar?
Quite simply put, a social media content calendar is a document that contains social media content (text and/or images) allocated to a specific social media channel, and on a specific time and date. It usually comes in three different formats, depending on your preferences: paper, as a spreadsheet, or inside a software service which will publish your posts.
What Does a Social Media Content Calendar Contain?
Within your calendar, you can expect to find:
- Details on your chosen post types including blogs, re-shares, images, announcements, conversation starters, tips, or videos
- Specific details for each post, including a headline, graphic or image, link to your website and/or post text including a call to action
- Details on where your graphics and other files for posts are located, such as cloud storage content library
- Information on the key times for posting for each platform, based upon when your audience is most active
- Ideas and prompts for future posts
A key service of mine is creating social media content calendars customised to my clients’ individual businesses. This provides a brilliant introduction to using such a calendar, as well as having all the hard work done for you. Get in touch today and let’s have a chat about how I can help improve your business’ social media performance.
Benefits of Using a Social Media Content Calendar
A social media content calendar is an awesome tool to help get your social media posting consistent and looking fabulous. Additional benefits include:
- Help customise posts for individual social media platforms
- Always knowing what to post and when
- Ability to theme your posts around events, celebrations, and products
- Help to track the performance of post types to make future post planning easier
- Assists with your social media marketing plans
- Freeing up your time to work on your business, not in it
I’d love to help create your business a customised social media content calendar. Get in touch today and let’s chat.